TEN THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT ME...
(AND A LITTLE SOMETHING ABOUT MY HOME INTERIOR DESIGN SERVICES)
1. Yes, the name of my home interior design service business is Diva by Design, but I'm no Kardashian-style diva! In fact, I'm as relaxed and unpretentious as it gets, even when I use big words like "unpretentious."
2. Think all interior decorators are snobby or uptight? Not this one! I love to laugh and I have a sarcastic sense of humor. Music is a big part of my life and I love everything from jazz, classical, and opera to pop, rock, and alternative. I like to hang out and drink coffee, wine, or margaritas, and my favorite outfit is a t-shirt, jeans, and Converse. I DO dress up for our Design Work Sessions, though. I am a professional, after all. But I won't wear pant suits and never will. Yuck!
3. Scared that I will judge you by your house? Please! You have great taste! You're bringing me on board to help you make your house beautiful and function as a home instead of just a place to sleep at night. No judgement included.
4. I believe that leopard print is a neutral. But don't worry, because I love it doesn't mean that I'm going to plaster it all over your house. That would be tacky, and I don't do tacky. Your home should be all about who you are, what you love, and the lifestyle you want to live. I make it pretty and functional.
5. I'm not afraid of color. But I also know how to rock neutral. Lots of color or only a little, I will find ways to get that "WOW" reaction from your family, friends, or impress that special someone when they come to visit.
6. I'm crazy about animals. (Did the leopard print thing clue you in?) Not only do I have a cat, I have horses, sheep, goats, dogs, a rabbit, and even some goldfish in my pond. I think they're great and I design and decorate with your pets in mind.
7. I don't run. Not to say that I never exercise or move quickly. I do. But running? Nope! Besides, my chiropractor said I don't have to. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! I do, however, keep to a reasonable timeline when working on your design project. I like to see the results of our efforts as much as you do.
8. Diva or not, I am... Friendly? Yes. Talkative? I can be. Get me going and forget it - we'll be best friends in no time. I spend lots of time by myself during the design phase of your project but I will let you know where we are in the process on a weekly basis, or as soon as I get to a point where I have something you need to see or hear about. If I'm quiet, you know that I'm working furiously to bring you the best that I have to offer.
9. I love luxury. I want you to live in luxurious surroundings. That doesn't mean that I will bust your budget. There are always home interior design options that will give you that feel of richness and comfort without spending every penny you have.
10. I love to read. Books are one of the best inventions ever in my opinion! And I've read lots! From mysteries, sci-fi, fantasy, horror, home interior design, and even some business books thrown in the mix, I read it all. I hope you love to read too because another of my favorite things to use when decorating your space is books. Plus, they make you look smarter, right? Of course, my clients are smart because you know the value that I bring from editing your wonderful dragon's hoard to keeping your project on time and within a reasonable budget.
Want to learn more about How Diva by Design can help you? Click below to see how...